Friday, October 31, 2008

Halloween Horrors hit Hilton & Hampton hotels

Don't you just love Halloween! Last year I photographed the Halloween pumpkin contest at Portofino. This year I had a chance to check out the work of both the Hilton and Hampton pumpkin-masters.


The Hilton mummy...


It's the Hilton tower and hotel!

Wow, the Hilton Accounting Department came up with the Aloha Accounting idea. Whoever carved these should try their hand a tiki carving! Good job.

Hilton's Engineering Department, may they R.I.P.

Hilton's Food & Beverage/Kitchen Departments! Look at the pumpkin-burger on the back row!

Yikes! This came from the Hilton Spa Department. Now THAT'S scary! Actually they are incorporating the "Going Green" theme -- which, for those of you which may not know, the Hilton has done! Passing those rigid standards is not an easy task.


Oh, lawsie, this gets scarier and scarier. Hilton's Security Department came up with the 'Psycho' theme!

Over at the Hampton Inn, I discovered a "Pumpkouscious"/Confusious Pumpkin. Darn, I forgot to pick up my fortune cookie.


Mrs. Chiquita Pumpkin wants to make sure all the little ghosts and goblins start the day with a hearty breakfast.

Hampton's In-Room Maintenance pumpkin is going to guarantee guests won't open the door when they come knocking!

Hampton's Front Desk was a bit more difficult to decipher. Upon closer inspection, it spelled out 'Haunted' on the left and 'Hampton' on the right...I think.



Hampton's Housekeeping! I love the star.

Hey! I love the Hampton scarecrow. I felt like I was back home in Tennessee, except our scarecrows don't get so gussied up.

One of my favorites, Sudsy, was creatied by the Hampton Housekeeping Department. So cute.


Thanks to the Hilton and Hampton Hotels for this Halloween treat!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm not a huge Halloween fan ... the older I get the less I like scary. But I've always like all things pumpkins: pie, baked seeds, and jack-o-lanterns. There are some really good ones of the latter on this post.