Sunday, April 26, 2009

Goombay Festival, Day Two


The music at Goombay was so great yesterday that we decided to come back with chairs and spend a couple of hours just enjoying the experience.


Folks loved the enthusiastic steel drum band from the University of Georgia.


Scott and Charlotte Field kicked back and enjoyed the calypso sounds and beautiful afternoon on Devilliers Street.


A group from the University of West Florida took over in between sets and entertained the crowd as they filed down the street making sweet music with their steel drums.


She's feelin' the groove and brightening our day!


Ahhhh...


Hey! It almost looks like me. Just make that a diet coke and add a camera.

The most exciting thing that happened today was that I met PJ, a lady I've been wanting to meet for a long time, a very talented local photographer who manages several blogs. You'll be hearing more about PJ soon.


A strange coincidence that, never having met, we each knew who the other was, and I grabbed another photographer who happened to be standing nearby (a visitor from Germany, no less) to document the occasion for us! Please be sure to check out PJ's blogs. I barely keep one going, I don't know how she does it with three!





4 comments:

Paula said...

You may not have comments here but judging by my Feedjit you get a lot of visitors. Thanks again for the shout out, I've returned the favor.

walk2write said...

Cool! And I'm dating myself with that comment. We should all plan a get-together sometime. Y'all are welcome here in my backyard (screened-in porch) anytime!

Jan said...

PJ's one of my faves, so I came over to check your blog out. I'm glad I did. Nice to meet you, I'll be back.

RA said...

Great festival! What a lovely coincidence to met up with fellow Blogger friends. Have a great weekend :)