Friday, July 17, 2009

Evenings in Old Seville Square

July 16, 2009 - Zydeco Zoo


Zydeco Zoo was the featured band at Evenings in Olde Seville Square last night. If you are unfamiliar with Zydeco music, click HERE to learn more about it.


Band member Keith plays a vest 'frottior' (washboard/rub-board), which lends one of the most distinctive sounds to zydeco music.


Connie Cassidy is a lovely lady that I always see at Evenings in Olde Seville Square. What a flair she has for setting a beautiful table every week, complete with linen, dinnerware, and flowers.


Her husband, Dan, always has a smile and cheery hello for me, too. They say I need to swing by after the appetizers sometime and check out the main course! I can't imagine how they can top what I've seen!


Toddlers are drawn to the music and fascinated by the dancers. Just wait, this little one's toes will start tapping soon.


Leslie Knowland spins her little girl, Kelly Jean. Who knew that could be done in Crocs!

Do you recognize this young man and his sister? It's Dylan and Savannah Dalrymple. I love to watch them dance. They are very talented! You've seen photos of them on my blog earlier this year.

Evenings in Olde Seville Square is held every Thursday evening, 7 - 9 p.m., from mid-May to the end of August, in Seville Square which is located in the historic district of Pensacola.

No comments: