Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Romeo


Romeo is a gorgeous blue and gold macaw. If you visit Pensacola Beach for very long, you are sure to see Romeo and his owner, Mike Gammill, biking along Via de Luna or Pensacola Beach Boulevard.


Who knew Romeo would turn out to be such a ham! He loves having his photo taken. Did you know that macaws can live to be 50 years old. There is even a report of one living to be 100!


Calling Hollywood! "I'm ready for my close-up, Mr. DeMille."


Oh no you don't, Romeo. You can't have my hat, but I'll take a (tiny) peck on the cheek.

Sadly, I was so engrossed in photographing Romeo that I neglected to get a photo of him with his owner, Mike Gammill. Click here to see a photo I took of them together in 2006.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if that is the same bird that was on Five Flags Inn website photos etc. ?