Friday, February 03, 2006

Living life in the moment


A surfer taking a break yesterday afternoon. It was an incredible day at the pier. The waves must have been 6 to 8 feet tall and the guys were riding beautiful barrels.


This is the kind of surf that makes you catch your breath. Everyone's adrenaline was pumping -- those surfing and those watching.

As I finally left the pier I remembered a quote by John Lennon, "Life is what happens while you're making other plans."

"Not today, John," I smiled to myself. This was one of those special afternoons when everyone was savoring life in the moment. And it felt so good.

1 comment:

campbell said...

Hey, those are "beeg waves, bruddah" for the Gulf Coast! We do need to be more "aware" in the moment...how many of us are really present in the now? Oh, gosh, there goes my Zen Bhu again.