Sunday, January 31, 2010

Act of kindness

I have the best blog readers/followers ever! I frequently get e-mails from folks, in addition to the comments you see posted on this site, but yesterday I received a small card in the mail which was address to both me and my mother.


I opened it up and discovered....


that one of my readers had made a donation to the Humane Society of Pensacola in memory of Mysti the kitty who graced our lives for such a short time. You can see photos of Mysti and read a bit about her by clicking HERE and HERE.

My mother and I would like to sincerely thank the anonymous donor for their kind and generous contribution to the Humane Society of Pensacola!

The Humane Society of Pensacola is a no-kill shelter and adoption center which operates on donations such as the one in memory of Mysti and fundraising events like the Nauga Champagne Breakfast last weekend. They receive no city, state or federal funding.

If you are considering a pet for your home, please consider checking out the Humane Society's facility at 5 N. Q Street in Pensacola. You may see their pets who need 'forever-homes' by clicking HERE.

4 comments:

PJ said...

It wasn't me but I wish I had been thoughtful enough to do so. What a lovely gesture.

Barrier Island Girl said...

Paula, it was indeed lovely of that person and a complete suprise. I wish I had thought to do it myself!

Tootie said...

What a nice thing to do. :)

I am happy that I ran across your blog today, through one of my posters followers. I will be back to read more about the beauty of your paradise.

JENI B. said...

What a wonderful gesture for Mysti's memory.