Saturday, November 05, 2005

Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival - Saturday


You have one more day to enjoy the incredible Great Gulfcoast Art Festival! Turn off the TV, forget the laundry, and get off the couch! Yes, there are crowds! Yes, you may have to park two miles away if you don't want to pay $5.00, but think of it as your daily workout! [I prefer to walk, thank you very much]

You have one more chance to watch the Dancing Grannies or listen to Holly Shelton, the Pensacola Symphony Orchestra, Pensacola Opera, or the Moonshine Babies. If you prefer dance, you have the opportunity to see ballet, traditional Irish dance, Spanish flamenco or Greek dancers.

Life is what happens when you're making other plans, so please don't let the Great Gulfcoast Arts Festival pass you by!!!!


Kitt Lough! Wow! Give her a Gershwin or a Bonnie Raitt and she'll knock your socks off. I only hope they convince her to do an Evening in Olde Seville next year. Check out her website at www.kittlough.com


My ears fell in love with Luna Mantra. Please don't miss a chance to hear them. Their website is under construction at www.lunamantra.com

Since I cannot explain their unusual sound, I'll quote from the program: "...an innovative, exciting and extremely danceable live performance. Jazz, flamenco, gypsy, bossa nova, bluegrass, tango and reggae influence the Pensacola-based progressive world fusion trio who infuse Spanish guitar and gypsy violin with world beat/jazz fusion rhythms."

Right! That's what I was trying to say!


Dancing queens! Actually these are the Dancing Grannies who range from age 55 to 81. Look at those legs!!


And dancin' teens


When it comes to life...dance like no one is watching.


Christ Church is frequently the backdrop for festivals and concerts in Seville Square. This beautiful church is the oldest in Florida still in use.


"Put your right foot in..."


Tiny Dancer


On the cusp.


"I just love fishing. And these smell so much better than Joe Patti's."


Browsing.



"Oh, honey, I know. Sometimes I'm just a basket case myself."



Ohhhhh, I'd look so good behind the wheel of a '57 Thunderbird. "You want how much? Excuse me, how much???? So how many extra zero's would that be exactly?"

No comments: