Thursday, May 09, 2013

Back in Gear!

A big thank you to all my blog readers who have been checking in on me.  I'm sorry for not responding.  It was a long fall, winter AND spring during which I needed to take a break from the blog.  I am back, though I'll be traveling to Tennessee next week, but after that you'll hopefully be able to keep up with everything going on here!

May 1 was the start of our 2013 Sea Turtle Season - the 22nd year of the sea turtle monitoring program.  I'm not sure how long it will be before we see a crawl since it has been abnormally cool in this area, but I am seeing a lot of sea and shorebird activity within the Gulf Islands National Seashore. 

If you have a Facebook account, you may find me there and submit a friend request since I was able to keep up with my Facebook account better than my blog in these last few months. 

Again, thank you so very much for your loyalty and caring notes.

So....let's kick back into gear!!!




These cool pelicans actually let take their photo during my patrol at Ft. Pickens on Monday!  Generally they are very skittish, unlike the ones you sometimes see hanging around a pier for a fish handout. 

2 comments:

Birdal saree said...

I am happy to find your distinguished way of writing the post. Now you make it easy for me to understand and implement the concept. Thank you for the post.

Nelly said...

I'm so happy to see you back blogging. My family and I visit Pensacola Beach every year (for the past 5 years) and your pictures keeps me going until our next trip. thank you!! :-)