Friday, June 22, 2012

Wheeeeeee!!!!

Last Sunday I discovered one nest and two false crawls on my patrol.  It was awesome to actually see and video-tape a sea turtle as she finished nesting. 

There were a couple of other interesting photos I took that day.  One of the false crawls rambled around and then she exited the beach over an escarpment that was almost 2 feet high.  Look at her slide marks!

 Whee!!!
 Rambling tracks.
A photo of her approach from the Gulf onto the shore. Notice that she crawled right over a soft drink or beer plastic ring holder.  Thank goodness she didn't get one of her flippers tangled in it.  

2 comments:

BaysideLife said...

What fun you must have on your patrols when you come across a crawl. Sad to see plastic trash on the beach.

~margo~ said...

Hi from FWB, just down Hwy 98 from you. I rarely ever make comments since I play "catch-up" with your blogs about every 2-3 months and then read them all at once.
I have learned a lot about the turtles from reading your blogs...things I never knew before!
Thank you.
I still post sometimes in WU as "cincobayou" but not too often any more. Lou in Denver is a friend...she is moving to P'Cola soon. Know she'll be happy to meet you.
~M~