Sunday, February 22, 2009

Krewe of Kids Parade


The Krewe of Kids Parade started lining up in front of Tiki Island yesterday morning, exactly one week after the event was postponed due to bad weather. No such problem this week!


Is that Curious George or George of the Jungle?


This little explorer must come from the Canary Islands!


Sing with me: Hey, hey, it's a monkey! People say he monkey's around. But he's too busy singing, to put anybody down!


Ahhh, look at this little monkey.


"Yeah, I love my crown hat, but..."


"...I think it looks better on me this way!"


Look at this adorable little jester. Is that not the sweetest smile?


A beautiful cape.


The support teams are out this morning!

Rarin' to go. Come on, folks!


Look, it's Terri McKamey! This sweet lady is the General Manager of Tiki Island, loves the kids and goes out of her way to provide special events for them every year - from a Krewe of Kids' parade to Gingerbread Make and Take's, Terri is there lining up activities. And she gave me my own set of Monkey Beads! I'm IN, dude!!!


Ladies and gentlemen: The Royal Court has taken their places and beads are properly placed.


And the parade begins!


"Woo hoo! Throw me some beads, mister!"


Look at this little purple float entry.


The parade turns back toward Tiki Island.


And the floats line up for judging.


Pretty Princess Madeline.


Prizes galore, but our Krewe of Kids are winners all!


I love my mommy!


Queen Amelia and her BFF (best friend forever!)
Now don't you wish you went to school at Pensacola Beach Elementary! Long live the Krewe of Kids!

No comments: