Monday, September 22, 2008

Seashell



On recent outings, looking for an elusive wild flamingo visiting our island, I stumbled across pockets of shells here and there which must have washed ashore when Hurricanes Gustav and Ike passed south of us, stirring up the surf.



The island doesn't provide as many shelling opportunities as some of the southernmost areas of our state.



But I will never grow tired of collecting shells...my treasures discovered on my island.



Each one I've brought home has been unique to me in some way.



Such pure and simple design...perfection .

"The sea does not reward those who are too anxious, too greedy, or too impatient. To dig for treasure shows not only impatience and greed, but lack of faith. Patience, patience, patience, is what the sea teaches. Patience and faith. One should lie empty, open, choiceless as a beach --- waiting for a gift from the sea."

~~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh, Gift from the Sea

No comments: