Thursday, December 01, 2005

Goodbye girl



What a beautiful way to end the day. I think the sun was saying, "Goodbye, girl". I'm flying to Las Vegas tomorrow and leaving my beautiful island behind for a few days.

I've discovered, as much as I love to travel, that it is very difficult for me to tear myself away from my home on Pensacola Beach. It doesn't help that I will be staying with someone who does not even have a computer, much less access to the Internet! How is that possible in this day and age?

Another thing I regret is that I cannot capture the beach renourishment process which is going on close to me at this point. Late into the night, heavy equipment is working even now to give us back our beautiful beach and the process is fascinating! Unfortunately I do not have the appropriate equipment or expertise to take photographs at night.

I am very appreciative to all the people who are making it possible for us to have our beach back again after the hurricanes of 2004 and 2005.

[Thank you, Matt, Michael and the entire beach renourishment team.]

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for keeping me in touch with the beautiful Pensacola Beach. I just got back on Monday and I miss it. I have white snow instead of white sand.