Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Trackin'


Now that high season for tourists is at an end, I'm beginning to see more evidence of wildlife during morning walks to Range Point. I'm certainly not very knowledgeable, but this looks like a raccoon's tracks to me.


Of course half my hypothesis is based on the fact that the tracks surround a body of water which runs into the estuary. Blog viewers, feel free to confirm or correct me!

[Update: I just received the following e-mail:

"Hi DJ, They are raccoon tracks. Good ID. They are in a bounding gait, so the raccoon was moving much faster than normal. Perhaps running from a predator or chasing prey. Happy tracking! Sincerely, Kim A. Cabrera, Charter Member: International Society of Professional Trackers "

You may enjoy Kim's website to help identify other wildlife tracks! Just click on the name above.

Thank, Kim!]

No comments: