Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Red Tide

Many of you may wonder where I have disappeared to, but I assure you I'm still here -- under air conditioning! The red tide has chased most residents of the island indoors. It is not a pleasant time for those who are sensitive and prone to respiratory ailments, especially for those who are accustomed to being outdoors on a daily basis.

We are hoping for a change by the weekend. Those of you who follow my blog, keep your fingers crossed for a shift in the winds and tides. Otherwise, you may start seeing photos of my dog, my travertine tile, my hardwood floor, the view from my windows, my closet, the bookshelves, photos of my ancestors, crossword puzzles...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

maybe some shots out your windows !! Seadog

Sharon Pickering said...

I love travertine tile, and would love to see pictures!

We are experiencing red tide in Jacksonville also. We went to the beach yesterday and had to leave because of the way it made us cough. Our throats had an extremely odd feel...like breathing maybe clorox.