Monday, July 24, 2006

Quietwater Beach



Yesterday morning was the first time I've been back to the boardwalk at Quietwater Beach since it reopened. Yes, for those who are sticklers about such things, I know it has been renamed Portofino Plaza. But, as I was saying, it's the first time I've been back to the boardwalk at Quietwater Beach!

Things are looking great and new shops are opening. Time for a concert at the band shell -- or should I say, clam shell?



This little VW managed to withstand Hurricane Ivan and then Hurricane Dennis. He's a little bit rusty around edges, but he's tenacious.



'Do Not Touch.' Now why'd they have to say that? I never would have thought about it otherwise.

2 comments:

overactive-imagination said...

I can't believe the VW survived Ivan. Wow, tenacious indeed!!

Portofino Plaza??? huh?? That is and will always be Quietwater boardwalk and no I wouldn't have thought to "touch him" either. LOL. He's been around a long time too.
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Yeah...and their marketing folks are trying to remain the island too. From PortofinoIsland.com: "Discover a recreational paradise in and around Portofino, which is nestled on beautiful Portofino Island between the Gulf of Mexico and Pensacola Bay". Portofino Island!?!? There's no such place!!!