Monday, June 21, 2010

Tracks


Tracks were everywhere during my Ft. Pickens patrol on Sunday.


Since I am hardly the experienced tracker, I couldn't tell you what these might have been.


All I know for sure is that the National Seashore is home to fox, coyote, feral cats, raccoon, opossum, and occasionally a stray dog.


We do not like to see them near our turtle nest, that's for sure.


My friend and fellow turtler, Melanie Waite, is researching the tracks to see what might be sniffing around the nests. If she finds out anything definite, I'll be sure to let you know.

2 comments:

Jonny Quest said...

Hard to tell the scale, but unfortunately for the turtles it looks like coyote tracks. (I would expect fox and cat prints to be closer together since they are smaller creatures with shorter leg stride). Looking forward to Melanie's verdict!

Anonymous said...

ITS WILDLIFE AN WE NEED TO HELP THEM http://www.andersonsubaru.blogspot.com
SUBARU CARES ABOUT WILDLIFE ANDERSON CARES ABOUT the GULF COAST