Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Spring has sprung!

A late afternoon walk around my yard made it obvious that spring has sprung even though we're officially a couple of days away.


The Knockout roses in my yard are profuse every year, though their foliage still suffers right now from the one-two punch of cold temps and salt-laden high winds earlier in the month.


And look at the delicate blooms opening on my Meyer lemon tree. The fragrance is beyond my writing ability to describe.


Dune sunflowers are everywhere, making Mourning Doves very happy. They love to snack on these as individual blooms die and seeds release. In return, they happily serenade me through out the day with their soft coohing song.


And my Bottlebrush tree is loaded with blooms! I love this time of year

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW - WHAT A GARDEN/YARD!!! today is the last day of winter in MN!!!