Saturday, February 21, 2009

Krewe of Lafitte Illuminated Parade


The United States Navy Cracker Jack Marching Unit led the parade last night. As you can see, I wasn't in a well lit area, but I think you'll get a flavor of the Krewe of Lafitte Illuminated Parade. You may click on any of the photos to see them in more detail.


"Hold on, honey! They're takin' my picture!"


One of several Krewe of Lafitte floats.


I love the Krewe of Lafitte 'Pirate' float!


A GQ pirate.


Guarding the back door.


Here comes the 'Parrot' float, another favorite of mine.


Polly needs a BIG cracker!


Looks like this pirate fell victim to a giant squid!


Yep! That's him, skewered on the front!


Two really cool members of the Order of Zeus

The Krewe of Aquatica float.

Beads, beads, and more beads!


I love this! The Krewe of L.A. - Lower Alabama!

Locals recognize this firetruck. It's leading the Krewe of Seville float and is generally parked in front of Rosie O'Grady's in the Seville Quarter.

Wow. That's a beautiful headdress, but I keep thinking that I could finally dust the top ledge in my foyer with those tall feathers...or should I say 'tail' feathers?


La Savillana looks like a new float entry this year.


What's new, Pussycat?


Uh oh! Mice and cats don't mix.

This cute little Twirler was workin' it! Great job!


Twiggy!


Hmmmm...I think I've seen him in past years.


Krewe of Lafitte costumes are alway top-notch and I really enjoy taking photos of them.


Happiness is...Mardi Gras time in Pensacola!

A handsome conquistador!


A couple of buds, waiting for the parade to start.


The Krewe of Jesters!


Krewe of Andres de Pez: "Greater than de Luna, and even Lafitte, de Pez came for all with his Windward fleet."

Krewe of Andres de Paz


Be sure to read up on Andres de Pez and my previous link to the Krewe. It's very interesting.


A couple of 'Slippers'.


Police presence and he's gracious enough to wear some beads.



Get ready, kids. They're bringing out the toy throws!


Hey! That looks like one of the Mario brothers!


A Krewe of Seville float.


The Krewe of Warriors Stray Cats float


Ahhh....it's the Krewe of Mystique. I must get some close-ups of them tomorrow.


Dreamland float.


USS Oriskany! Incredible history and a wonderful reason for sport divers to visit Pensacola.

LSU float.


Wait! Are these serious Jesters?

A sorta-smiling Jester!

Hey lady, gimme some beads!

This is one scary-looking truck grille!


Guess I'm going to have to 'pirate' some beads.

No comments: