Friday, November 14, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like...



...CHRISTMAS!

Actually, the beach always looks a bit like Christmas due to our snow-white sand. All you have to do is squint your eyes a little. And, as you surely know, the island's first name is 'Santa'.

This afternoon I began wrapping my palm trees with lights. I figured - with 17 palm trees - they might be finished in time for Christmas if I started now. See what a good job I'm doing!

Let's light up the beach this Christmas -now that turtle season is over, of course! Get out your Christmas decorations and get in the spirit. It's going to be beautiful this year.

And don't forget that the Pensacola Beach Christmas tree-lighting ceremony is scheduled for 6:00 p.m., November 29th on the Boardwalk, complete with caroling to get you in the Christmas spirit.

For more information about Christmas festivities on Pensacola Beach, please click HERE.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

There's a side of me that wished I lived up in north Florida where you got more a taste of winter. But then again, its the lack of winter, or its extreme mildness, that makes Naples such a winter mecca. We get less winter rain and clouds than on the panhandle part of Florida.