Monday, July 30, 2007

Splash of color


I enjoy the splashes of vivid color which oleander gives a yard. This particular oleander bush is one of about three bright pink oleander plants which were already in place when we bought our home.

Last summer we planted twenty-five red ones just inside the white picket fence. If the old saying is true - and indeed we only saw them sleep last year and begin to creep this year-- I'm looking forward to next year when they should finally leap!

There were a few deep red blooms on the new oleander this year and I noticed that they are quite a bit more fragrant than the pink ones in our yard. I'm hoping this will draw in more butterflies and hummingbirds.

1 comment:

Annie Patterson said...

ohh they are beautiful! I bet they look nice against the white picket fence. :)