Sunday, June 23, 2013

Mantel of Memories


I love my mantel of beach memories.  The starfish remind me of the beach renourishment of 2005/2006. The large clam shell in the middle reminds me of my parents and the time we found this washed-up fella and put it in boiling water to clean it out, all of us freaking a bit when it slowly started opening! 

The little sea turtles on either side of the mermaids remind me of special people or events.  The mermaids, of course, remind me of the wonderful group of friends I've made here on the beach.  The memory shelf is perfect for rainy mornings like this, mentally brushing off the good memories and reminding myself that life is good.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Pretty! I love those mermaids!!

Debbie (LSU Flag Lady) said...

I see you like Lightning Whelks too. I read if you find a right handed one that it is considered lucky. I'm still looking. LOL