Saturday, September 05, 2009

September moon


There's few things as beautiful to me as a full moon over the Gulf -- or any lake, stream or pond for that matter. There's just something magical about it.


Last night was no exception. It just got more and more lovely as it climbed in the sky.

"Nothing that is can pause or stay;
The moon will wax, the moon will wane,
The mist and cloud will turn to rain,
The rain to mist and cloud again,
Tomorrow be today.

~~ Henry Wadsworth Longfellow, 1807 - 1882

4 comments:

Wilma said...

DJ,

gorgeous moon. And I love the way you caught the reflections from the water and the wet sand in the second photo. Making me anxious to get to Belize; we will arrive there Tuesday. Yippee!!! :-) I'll have to settle for a waning moon rising over the ocean, but that will surely do.

Barrier Island Girl said...

Thanks, Wilma. And by the way, I love your blog. I've visited it several times and I'm looking forward to the photos you get in Belize this trip.

I also forwarded a link to your blog to some friends of mine in East Grand Forks -- they absolutely love your blog too. Anyone reading this comment may access your blog here:

http://southenglishtown.blogspot.com/

Lori R. said...

Your pics are absolutely beautiful... When in Galveston, I witnessed the moon over the water just like that. I was mesmerized by it, staring until a cloud came along and covered it up. It was truly a moment I shall cherish, the sound of the water, no one around, just me and the water and the moon. It doesn't get any better than that!!!!

Barrier Island Girl said...

Wonderful description, Lori. It sounds beautiful. You'd love it here. This time of the year we have fabulous sunsets -- and sunrises.

DJ