Tuesday, March 14, 2006

National Wildlife 35th Annual Photography Contest

Your Barrier Island Girl blog master (that's me) has been suffering from a rather acute ear infection for the past week. Since we typically have windy conditions at any given time on Pensacola Beach, it seems prudent to stay indoors -- and out of the wind -- until I improve.

This forced hiatus has given me time to work on 2005 taxes which has, understandably, thrown me into a deep depression. But, I assure you, I will begin posting again on a regular basis as soon as I stop crying and my ear stops hurting.

On a more cheerful note, I was delighted to discover a friend of mine from Tennessee forwarded the winning photos from this year's National Wildlife's 35th Annual Photography Contest this morning. Since I'm unable to get out and about to provide you with photos of my usual jaunts around the island, I hope you will take an opportunity to click on the link and browse these great photos. They certainly give me something to aspire to in my old age!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

The wildlife pictures were wonderful. Thanks for the link.
Feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Incredible pictures DJ! Sorry you are not feeling well. Hope you are back out there taking your own pictures soon.

campbell said...

What a great way to use them! Really sorry to hear about the ear infection...a real downer! And, the taxes, j'comprende...have to go to the accountant at 10:30 tomorrow.

Have you read some of the comments I've been receiving on my Blog? People are hysterical sometimes.