Thursday, February 11, 2010

Say what??????


I keep waiting for the possibility of snow in this area to be taken out of the forecast, but look at this snippet from the National Weather Service this morning:

... TOTAL SNOWFALL ACCUMULATIONS OF TWO TO FOUR INCHES ARE POSSIBLE FROM THE MOBILE METRO AREA TO CRESTVIEW FLORIDA...WITH ONE TO TWO INCHES POSSIBLE FURTHER SOUTH TOWARD THE COAST. THE SNOW WILL BE WET AND HEAVY IN NATURE WHICH COULD RESULT IN SOME DOWNED TREE LIMBS AND
POWER LINES.


I will be amazed to see any snowflakes out here on the island, but if we do you'll surely see photos of the event on this blog!

3 comments:

Loui♥ said...

DJ..
Growing up in Pensacola..
I DO remember SNOW..
on quite a few occasions..
dustings as well as coatings..
and freezes so hard we would ..
pick up Mullet from the sound..
It is a possibility..
but if a reality..
bundle up well..
while capturing snowflakes!
warmest hugs..laughing smiles..
Loui♥

PJ said...

I'm moving my car from out under the trees! And I think I've already gotten some of that wet snow!

BaysideLife said...

I don't want to take away a photo op for you DJ, but I really, really don't want to see snow--ever again. (But if it should fall, I'll probably take a picture too:)

I can't believe they cancelled schools etc. for 1" or 2". But then I remembered where I was, you know, lovely, sunny, warm Florida.