Sunday, October 04, 2009

Gulf Islands National Seashore

I'm heading out for our second day of the Art & Wine Weekend event. Hopefully the rain will hold off a few hours and we'll have another great day.

I wanted to remind our local viewers that tonight at 7:00 p.m. is the premiere of WSRE-TV's new documentary, Gulf Islands National Seashore: The Treasure of the Gulf Coast. It is a companion piece to Ken Burns wonderful series, The National Parks: America's Greatest Idea and will be narrated by Mr. Burns himself.


2 comments:

Marcus said...

Thanks! I've set my DVR. My family's favorite beach is the Perdido section of GINS! I haven't managed to get over to Fort Pickens yet, but your photos have put it on my to-do list. I've got to pick up some friends at the Pensacola airport in a couple of weeks, and I think that we will come over to Pensacola Beach for lunch and go to down to Fort Pickens then.

Barrier Island Girl said...

That's great, Marcus. I think you'll really enjoy a visit to Ft. Pickens. Unless we do something to help grow the dunes (like they have done over in the Perdido Key area), I'm concerned the next serious storm will cause us to once again lose access to Ft. Pickens. I encourage everyone to visit Ft. Pickens while it is accessible.