Wednesday, June 18, 2008

New growth


It is a gorgeous green-flag day on Pensacola Beach. Days like this with very little wave action cause us to refer to the gulf as the 'Lake of Mexico'


As I was walking along the beach this morning, I noticed new growth in several areas. Above are sea oats that have popped up in the middle of the beach, not close to the old (or replanted) dunes.


This looks like dune sunflowers, which I love. Again, they were coming up halfway between the houses and the beach. I think we can thank the seagulls and mourning doves for this particular sign of new growth.

2 comments:

Turtle Girl said...

I had to laugh at your "Lake of Mexico" reference -- I called it that on my blog too :) Great minds think alike...

GrannyT said...

Love the blog! I've been coming to PB since the 60's, as a child. With grown children now(and grandchildren in the near future), they have fallen in love with the sea, as well.

We're headed over in just a few weeks from Houston, and your amazing pictures serve to whet our appetite!

Thank you for the tenderness and passion you put into your writings and pictures. There is simply no place on earth like Pensacola Beach.

Starfish Annie